Study these words below!
A preposition is a word that connects one thing with another, showing how they are related. Some prepositions tell you about position or place. A preposition is usually followed by a noun or pronoun. Some prepositions are used to talk about time.
· We get in the morning.
· We go to bed at night.
· It’s always hot in summer.
· Autumn begins in September.
· They were married in 1990.
· Joe arrived after me.
· It has not rained at all for two weeks.
· Breakfast is served at seven o’clock
Underline the prepositions in the following sentences.
1. We have dinner at 7:30 P.M.
2. Thoriq was born on a Friday.
3. There are seven days in a week.
4. The people are waiting at the bus stop.
5. I received a letter from Sara yesterday.
6. Why are you still in bed?
Fill in the blanks with the correct prepositions from the box.
Near on at between in
by around into up behind
1. The bus arrived _____ 8:30 A.M.
2. The children are swimming _____ the pool.
3. There’s a picture _____ the wall.
4. There is a fence ________ the house.
5. Anni is sitting ________ fire.
6. Bahri is hiding ________ the chair.
7. Dendi climbed ________ the beanstalk.
8. We divided the candy ________ us.
9. I dive ______ the river.
10. Don’t go to ________ the edge.
1. A ball is ………. the box.
2. There are flowers ………. the TV.
3. There is a picture……….. the wall.
4. There are flowers……….. the table.
5. The sofa is ………. the ball.
6. The table is ………… the window.
7. The TV is ……….. the lamp.
BERITA LENGKAP DI HALAMAN BERIKUTNYA